I have been given a really pretty badge from JD who blogs at I Do Things so you don't have to....which is a very funny and witty blog about our day to day living and the short comings that we all seem to have in common with one another.
This morning I happened to be doing my usual blog reading, which I love to do with my hot cup of steaming coffee....when I flipped on over to visit JD's blog. I was surprised to find that she had given me a blogger badge award....what a nice thing in which to start my morning, thanks JD!
Here it is and what symbolizes;
What does it mean to be one’s blog? According to MeAndMyDrum (who came up with the award and the colorful badges):
"[it] really sums up what a successful blogger does. And what I mean by successful is that they make it their own, stay with it, are interactive with their readers, and just plain have fun."JD herself then goes on to gives this advise about our blogs, which I think is really so true and makes for an interesting blog for the readers;
If you want to be your blog:
- Have fun
- Say what you want to say, not what you think you should say
- Write for yourself and for your readers
- Try not to think about what your great-aunt might be thinking when she reads about you visiting a nude beach
- Be original
- Be yourself
- BE YOUR BLOG!
I would also like to say another big thanks for JD for calling me "brave."...when just recently I have been feeling so extremely boring.
But not today; because someone called me "brave" , so I walked with my head held a little higher and felt just a little bit more special.
I would like to pass on this badge to BettyJO...that's Betty-JO not Betty Ho, her blog is A Bead a Day (she makes beautiful jewelry pieces), she was my first reader and she is responsible for me starting to read other peoples blogs, which by now is starting to become somewhat of an addiction...thanks for that BJ....(well maybe not...because now I get absolutely NOTHING done)
BettyJo tells a great story and her blogs give us a little slice of her life through a style that is distinctly "BettyJO". She is also incredibly active with her community and has built up quite a following.
Next I would like to pass this on to Honeysuckle Rose at Not Much Southern Comfort.
What a great blog, she writes about her family with a biting wit that is really very funny and an interesting read.
Last and not least, I want to pass on ANOTHER badge to Lady Banana, who is extremely interactive and is always on top of her blog with postings everyday of something interesting and unique.
Lady Banana gets a award a day...but she really deserves this because she is her blog.
I have been memed by a couple of different people, I am not shruking my blogging responsibilities, I'm just trying to think of something about myself that is not...."boring". I will post them tomorrow after much thought as to what would not put people sound to sleep...yawn

4 comments:
What a lovely post! Thanks for the nice comments and for joining my little community. I really do think you are interesting and brave, and I like the way you write about life (and dogs!) I'm going to check out the blogs you awarded--I love beads!
BettyJo called me an asshole, but I think she may have only meant it in the nicest possible way. Anyway, it's probably true. Although, I think for the blog it should be 'bloghole'
Wait, why is Memphis Steve making me laugh on YOUR blog? And for the record, I said that's what people say about him!
Thanks so much for the award, the things you said are so nice! When I pass on an award I am rarely that detailed and it was really sweet of you to pay that much attention to the people you awarded.
Oh and by the way - with the new look - there is just something about the blue and brown and the stripes - that makes me start to smile before I even start reading your posts!
Thanks again!!!
Thanks all you award winners!
BJ....I happened on M. Steve's blog through you....
I'm speechless at this point...LOL
Post a Comment