Please turn on the music video below..to be sure, this blog needs the ambiance of background music. This is a song by K.D. Lang called very appropriately, "Constant Craving"....Okay; hit the play key NOW.....
Constant Craving.......My mom has a little pekingese dog and her name is Pearl...
My mother constantly refers to Pearl as "Mama's little Girl", she says it in baby talk, so the jest of her endearment is not done justice here. Anyway....my mother has throughout my whole life had "little girls" so it seems, other than me.
It started out when I was around eight or so....My mother at that time had her Scottish Terrier named Mindy who was the sole object of my mom's affection. Mom use to spend hours locked away upstairs in her bedroom with only Mindy for company.
Here beneath my skinThen as the years moved on, and her affections moved towards another direction, it was for those of the primate kingdom. You might say that my family was a tad on the eccentric side. My dad got a big kick out of bringing home exotic animals. This time he arrived bringing us a Gibbon Ape and his name was Gibby.
Constant craving
Has always been
My mom grew extremely attached to Gibby, she fondly and with loving adoration would call him "Mama's Little Boy"...I'm not sure how my brother felt about that; I don't ever remember she calling my brother"Mama's Little Boy".
Ah haGibby then tragically died, and my mom was heart broken and to fill that void my dad brought home a Chimpanzee and her name was Melonie...My mother use to call her "Mama's Little Girl".
Constant craving
Has always been
Or maybe it is life itselfIt was unfortunate for me at the time, because I happened to somehow gotten pegged at the bottom of the family (Chip) hierarchal ladder and had to spend most of the time staying secluded in my bedroom. This is because if I did not, I would receive a Chip bite that was meant to put me back in my place, which was at the bottom of the family totem pole.
That feeds wisdom
To its youth
Constant craving
Constant cravingEventually my mom gave up her "Little Girl" Melonie and sent her back to the jungles of Africa. I am not sure you ever really thought of her again...Out of site and out of mind...Poor Melonie, no longer "Mama's Little Girl"
Has always been
Craving
Maybe a great magnet pullsNot much has changed through the years, my mom now stays locked away in her condo alone and with only Pearl. She refuses to leave her house. She says she's very happy and doesn't need anything more then her "Mama's Little Girl".
All souls towards truth
Craving
As I walk through my life with a Constant Craving That Has Always Been....
Constant Craving by K.D Lang;
Even Through the darkest phase
Be it thick or thin
Always someone marches brave
Here beneath my skin
Constant craving
Has always been
Maybe a great magnet pulls
All souls towards truth
Or maybe it is life itself
That feeds wisdom
To its youth
Constant craving
Has always been
Craving
Ah ha
Constant craving
Has always been
Constant craving
Has always been
Constant craving
Has always been
Craving
Ah ha
Constant Craving
Has always been
Has always been
Has always been
Has always been
Has always been
Has always been
constant craving

1 comment:
Well, theres nothing I can say that will make it better, but say something I will...
Some people really just arent cut out for parenthood, are they?
(There, I shouldnt have put my foot too far into my mouth with that statement, should I?)
Anyhow, Im visiting all the blogs in the TopBlogMag blogroll - so thats how Ive found your blog.
Your four-pawed friends are adorable!
Post a Comment